It’s breakfast time, and you’re craving IHOP! IHOP is one of the most popular breakfast restaurants around, and they’re particularly famous for their delicious stacks of pancakes. But, as someone who must avoid gluten, you really need to know: Does IHOP have gluten free pancakes? Does IHOP serve gluten free waffles? (Since, let’s be honest – those are likely the two things a person craves most if they’re craving IHOP!)
We went on a hunt to discover what gluten free options IHOP currently has. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the delicious offerings they have on their menu for those of us with gluten allergies.
IHOP Gluten Free Pancakes
Yes!! IHOP has gluten free pancakes! They call them their Gluten-Friendly pancakes. That means that no gluten ingredients are included in the making of their gluten-friendly pancakes. But, as with many other restaurants that are not dedicated gluten free (in other words, they don’t have 100% gluten free kitchens) – there is always a chance of cross contamination. So, if you’re Celiac you really need to keep this in mind.
- IHOP Full stack Gluten Friendly (gluten free) pancakes – Includes a stack of four fluffy pancakes, made without gluten. Comes with whipped butter to smear on top. Then what you add to them is up to you! (Syrup is the obvious choice.)
- IHOP Short Stack gluten friendly (gluten free) pancakes – This is great for smaller appetites, as it includes two pancakes rather than four. Also comes with whipped butter.
- Original Gluten Friendly Pancake Combo – Oh, this one sounds great! All the favorite breakfast foods in one big, beautiful combo. Two gluten free pancakes, two eggs served your favorite way, either two bacon strips OR two pork sausages AND their famous hash browns. YUM!!! I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’d order this before the server could even ask what I wanted.
IHOP Gluten Free Waffles
IHOP’s delicious Belgian waffles also come in a special Gluten-Friendly variety! Hooray!! You can order these up separately or as part of a Belgian Waffle combo. Make sure you always order the Gluten Free kind, and tell your server that you are either Celiac or have a gluten allergy to make sure they handle your food with extra care. As mentioned above, though, IHOP’s kitchens are not entirely gluten free, so there is always a risk of cross contamination. Please be careful, especially if you have Celiac Disease.
- Gluten Friendly Belgian waffle – Comes with one big, beautiful Gluten free waffle.
- Gluten Friendly Beligan waffle combo – A gorgeous gluten free waffle, plus 2 eggs cooked the way you like. And also: either 2 strips of bacon OR 2 pork sausages.
Are IHOP’s hash browns gluten free?
Yes, they most certainly are! You can safely eat IHOP’s hash browns, as they contain no gluten.
Other gluten free food at IHOP
Other items that you can enjoy, because they contain no gluten are:
- Bacon – IHOP’s bacon is gluten free!
- Pork sausages – These are also safely gluten free. There’s no wheat or gluten in the sausages.
- IHOP Crispy breakfast potatoes
- Turkey bacon strips
- Ham – their slices of ham (a nice option if you’d rather not have bacon) is also gluten free
- Fresh fruit
- French fries
Gluten free food at IHOP – Conclusion
We are very excited to be able to tell you that IHOP has a nice selection of gluten free foods available for your next breakfast feast! During COVID-19, you can order your fave breakfast at IHOP on their website at IHOP.com and go pick it up directly from the closest restaurant. There are also delivery options if you’d like your food delivered right to your home. Whichever way you choose, you can eat IHOP safely. Enjoy a pancake for us! Extra syrup please. 😉