Looking for a gluten free bakery in Portland Oregon? If you are, then you are in the right place! Portland is a foodie city through and through and is known for it’s delicious, cutting edge food. So it is no surprise then that there would be gluten free bakeries that produce high quality, mouth watering, tasty treats. This is wonderful because not every city has completely gluten free bakeries, let alone ones that taste good. Here is a list of some of the city’s best below:
Gluten Free Portland Oregon
Gluten free Gem – Located on 140 North East Broadway, this bakery is a 100% dedicated gluten free facility. Due to the ongoing pandemic, Gluten Free Gem provides takeout only right now. There are no dine in or delivery options currently available. You can pre order beforehand or walk up to the ordering door of the bakery. Their menu gluten free menu has a large selection of baked goods such as cookies, brownies, donuts, cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes, and pies.
The bakery items that sound the most incredible to us are:
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese coffeecake (they’re famous for this one! And it’s back on the menu folks, yessss!)
- Vegan Black Forest Cake – rich with all the flavours this cake is known for
- Vegan Pumpkin Chai cupcakes – A delicious blending of chai tea flavours and rich pumpkin. Yummm.
- Pies are back, too! Pre-order for the busy November and December season to ensure that you get your favorite.
New Cascadia Traditional – This bakery/cafe is located on 2502 South East Division Street. This is a 100% gluten free establishment! Hooray! Current in-store hours are: 8 am to 2 pm Wednesday through Sunday. Limited outdoor seating available and face masks are required.
They have a large menu of baked goods. For instance, they have a large selection of gluten free breads, such as cinnamon rustic raisin sandwich bread, bagels, dinner rolls, hamburger buns, baguettes. There is also a large selection of pastries such as doughnuts, muffins, cookies, cupcakes and cakes. Finally, there are savory items such as pizza.
Specific items to whet your appetite? Okay…you know there’s nothing we love better than delving into all the delicious gluten free possibilities, after all.
- Maple bar donuts (their list of artisan donuts are impressive! But this maple one totally won us over.) They also feature loads of plant based gluten free doughnuts, like their vanilla glazed or strawberry glazed. So if you need to eat gluten free and choose a vegan lifestyle, then you are going to be a happy customer!
- Cinnamon rolls – and can I say I’ve never seen ANY gluten free cinnamon roll look better than these?
- Farmhouse sandwich bread
- Cinnamon raisin bread
- For breakfast dine on a breakfast bagel, on New Cascadia’s own gluten free bagels.
- For lunch, how about a classic Margherita pizza on their scrumptious gluten free pizza dough? Many pizza topping options to choose from though, if you like a few more toppings on the pizza of your dreams.
Liberated Baking, Gluten Free – Located on 16100 SE 82nd Drive in Clackamas. The bakery is 100% completely gluten free. It has an extensive online menu of items such as bagels, breads, muffins, cupcakes, pies, cookies and bars.
An update on the services they’re able to offer during the ongoing pandemic: due to a staffing shortage, they can no longer offer curbside pickup. But, they’re open Tuesday through Sunday every week and you can pop in and pick up your gluten free favorites. Please note that dine-in is not currently available. It sounds like this place is really hanging on to get through this time, so please support them! Look at some of their gluten free offerings…
- Pumpkin bread (that also happens to be dairy free too.) Also a variety that has chocolate chips in it.
- Bacon sliders for breakfast anyone? Oh yeah!
- Gluten free biscuits and gravy
- Fresh hot sandwiches – all on gluten free bread of course! Scrumptious offerings like the Roommates Favorite sandwich, which is loaded up with ham, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, dill cream cheese and slices of fresh avocado on a gluten free flatbread. Um, could I take two?
Looking for a gluten free bakery in Portland is not an issue. This is a good thing, especially if you are gluten intolerant or Celiac. No longer do you have to scroll through menus hoping to see a gluten free item. Now you can go and choose freely without the worry. Wonderful! So make plans to order your favorite treat, your guilty pleasure and know that it will taste good and be satisfying. You won’t regret it! Eat well and stay safe.