Mmmmm coffee! When you’re heading out the door with little time to spare, a quick drive thru a local Dunkin’ Donuts (now known officially as just Dunkin’) can be a lifesaver! You can grab yourself a hot coffee, and a little snack to go with it. But, for those of us who cannot eat gluten we need to ask: “Does Dunkin’ have gluten free coffee and food?” We went on a mission to find out.
Dunkin’ Donuts – Gluten free coffee and drinks
Let’s start with the good news, you guys. Dunkin’ has plenty of options when it comes to coffee! And all of these options for coffee and other drinks are all gluten free. So, at the very least you can get a really delicious coffee to go and one that is safe for you to drink.
- All coffee
- All other beverages
This means all beverages are safe for Celiacs and anyone with a gluten allergy and/or intolerance. Please note that Dunkin’ has a disclaimer on their website that any of their products, including their drinks and coffees, can come into contact with their other products that do contain wheat. So there is always a small chance of cross contamination, even with their coffees and other drinks.
Let’s go into a little more detail into what kind of hot and iced coffee beverages you can actually order.
- Hot coffee – made of 100% Arabica beans, so it tastes delicious. Plus, the regular additions to regular coffee are all gluten free too. The milk or cream and sugar are all gluten free.
- Iced coffee
- Cold brew coffee
- Iced Americano
- Iced Latte
- Signature Lattes – Includes delicious flavors like Gingerbread, Peppermint Mocha, Pumpkin Spice, Caramel Craze, Cocoa Mocha
- Iced Signature Lattes – same flavors as above, but nice and cold and creamy!
- Iced Macchiato
- Iced Cappuccino
- Hot Tea
- Iced tea – all sort of flavors and varieties
- Dunkin Refreshers – Cold, refreshing drinks. All gluten free!
- Frozen drinks like Frozen Coffee, Coolatta (Raspberry, Strawberry or Vanilla bean)
- Frozen chocolate drinks (Yum! I could totally consume one of those about now. hahaha.) With a glorious topping of whipped cream, these look scrumptious. Flavors include: Caramel Swirl, Pumpkin Swirl (pretty sure this is a seasonal flavor), Hazelnut Swirl, Original Chocolate and French Vanilla Swirl. Other seasonal flavors available right now include Sugarplum swirl, Gingerbread Swirl and Peppermint Mocha.
- Frozen Matcha (green tea) latte
Gluten free food at Dunkin’
Okay, now for the sadder news. There is very little to choose from when it comes to snacks or food to eat at Dunkin’ Donuts. This is a bit of a bummer. And no – there are no gluten free donuts. Ugh. But, on the positive side, at least some of those glorious looking fancy coffee or chocolate drinks look filling! All we could find for gluten free food at Dunkin was:
- Hash browns
So, at least you can grab something to eat while you consume your wonderful Dunkin’ drink. But please Dunkin – could you add some more gluten free goodies for all of us? There are a lot of people who now need to eat gluten free. And the more safe food options we have, the better.
Gluten free food and drinks at Dunkin’ Donuts
So guys – you have a multitude of options to choose from if you want to treat yourself to a coffee, or something far fancier to drink from Dunkin’. But, food options that are gluten free are very limited. But, at least you can grab a bowl of oatmeal or a hash brown to eat if you’re super hungry.
If you know of any other details regarding Dunkin’ Donuts gluten free drinks and food, please let us know about it!