Ben and Jerry’s gluten free ice cream is a post I’ve really been looking forward to writing! Why? Ice cream!!! Ben and Jerry’s!!!! Okay, I’ll hold back on any more exclamation points for the time being. But, Ben & Jerry’s have really upped their gluten free game recently, releasing more flavors of ice cream that are certified and verified to be gluten free! This is very exciting news for those of us who must not eat gluten due to health conditions – such as Celiac disease, gluten allergies, or other health conditions, too.
We’ve researched which of Ben & Jerry’s flavors are now certified to be gluten free. Being certified or verified as gluten free means that these tubs of ice cream are not only free of gluten ingredients but also that they’re made in a completely gluten free environment! Even Celiacs can eat these flavors and not worry, as they’ve been tested to be safe and without gluten. Yay! (Oops, there goes another exclamation point, but you can’t blame me. We are talking about ice cream after all.)
Now…on to which flavors are gluten free and safe to eat. We took this information directly from Ben and Jerry’s website to make sure it’s up to date and accurate. And all of the Ben and Jerry’s tubs of ice cream that ARE gluten free will be labelled as such, so always look for the gluten free label on the packaging. (It’s a GF in a circle, if that helps.)
Ben & Jerry’s Gluten Free ice cream flavors
- Cherry Garcia ice cream (in tubs and mini cups) – Cherry ice cream with real cherries and fudge flakes.
- Cherry Garcia frozen yogurt
- Cherry Garcia Non-dairy frozen dessert – Just like the original, but made with creamy almond milk instead of dairy milk. Dairy free and lactose free.
- Phish Food – Chocolate ice cream with swirls of marshmallow creme, caramel and chocolate chunks in the shape of fish! (Cute, and wow, yummy sounding)
- Chunky Monkey – Creamy banana ice cream with chopped walnuts and chocolate
- Vanilla Caramel Fudge – Vanilla ice cream with lots of swirls of caramel and chocolate fudge.
- Karamel Sutra Core – One of their ‘Core’ ice cream flavors, with chocolate and caramel ice cream surrounding a delicious core of caramel and fudge chips.
- New York Super Fudge Chunk – Chocolate ice cream with chunks of white and dark chocolate fudge, pecans, walnuts and chocolate covered almonds.
- CoffeeCoffee BuzzBuzzBuzz – Coffee ice cream with espresso bean fudge chunks. Coffee and chocolate – very buzzy indeed.
- Pistachio Pistachio – Double the pistachios please! Pistachio ice cream with lightly roasted pistachios stirred in.
Ben and Jerry’s Gluten free Ice cream – Conclusion
Well done, Ben & Jerry’s! We gluten intolerant people will be able to find lots of delicious, certified gluten free treats when we’re craving ice cream. As mentioned above, please always be sure that your tub of Ben & Jerry’s has the GF (gluten free) label on it. (If it’s older stock it could perhaps not be gluten free, so always always check for the label!) Enjoy a perfectly delicious bowl of rich and creamy ice cream – without worries!
P.S. What’s your scoop preference? Old school with a crank OR this gorgeous Zyliss model? (I’ve used the Zyliss scoop for over 10 years, and I’m still on the same one. Which is saying something, when you think of how excited I was to write this post.)
More articles about gluten free goodies:
- Are Rolos chocolates gluten free?
- Does Little Caesar’s have gluten free pizza?
- Are Doritos gluten free?