We’ve been doing a lot of research lately into which snacks are gluten free. That way, all of you can enjoy some yummy snack foods without worrying about the terrible consequences that come when you accidentally eat gluten!
Today’s quest was to discover if gummy bears are gluten free. What did we find?
Are gummy bears/gummi bears gluten free? Not always…
Gummy or gummi bears are a food you’ll need to be cautious of. While there is no actual wheat in gummy bears, they can be produced in factories that also make candies with wheat in them. So, there’s an issue with cross-contamination.
Another issue that arises is that gummy bears contain an ingredient called glucose, which can be derived from either wheat or corn. That’s a no-no if you’re Celiac. We also read on some forums of people with Celiac disease who had a bad reaction when they ate gummy bears.
Unless your package of gummies is specifically marked as gluten free, we would be very cautious! We did manage to find a few types of gummy candies that ARE manufactured in a gluten free and safe environment.
A few kinds of gluten free gummies
Right, so instead of a traditional bag of gummi bears, you can try some of these types of gummie candies instead! These ones have been labelled as gluten free, and so will be safe for you to eat!
- Annie’s Summer Strawberry Gummy bunnies candy – box of 5 packets of candy. Gluten free. Organic. Vegan. These candies are safe for all sorts of different diet restrictions! And they get a 4.5/5 star rating, too.
- Mott’s Fruitsations Berry gummies (with added secret veggies!) – Box of 32 pouches of gummy fruit snacks containing real fruit, and even some hidden veggies that your kids will never know about. 😉 Gluten free. Also contains no gelatin.
- Dare Real Fruit gummies – Superfruits flavour. Also gelatin free and peanut free. Solid 4.5/5 star rating. Contains real fruit juice.
So, while traditional gummy bears might be off the menu, you can still have other types of gummy candies. Just make sure to always check the label and ensure it’s gluten free. Eat safe!
Check out our other articles about snack foods:
- Are Sour Patch Kids candy gluten free
- Are potato chips gluten free?
- Is Chex cereal gluten free?
- Is popcorn gluten free?
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. That means we may earn a small commission on any sales, at no extra cost to you. Thanks so much for supporting GlutenFreeTree.